Karmic Justice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for guild members to hang out, start discussions, ask questions and schedule meetings. Need a certain item, or want to plan a raid? Talk here!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Criteria For New Members to the guild?

Go down 
+2
Aph
Mixelplix
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mixelplix

Mixelplix

Criteria For New Members to the guild? Empty
PostSubject: Criteria For New Members to the guild?   Criteria For New Members to the guild? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:35 am

Hi, all!

Yes, wow is down for maint this morning so I'm trying to find other ways to spend my time. I was working today, but work was slow so they offered time off. Anyway, I was wondering what is the criteria for allowing new members into the guild. I know we have like 30 toons but those 30 toons are probably owned by eight or nine players. As far as I know, everyone in the guild in an SLer or a Plurker. Is that a requirement for entry into the guild? The reason I ask is that as we progress, there may come a time when we find ourselves wanting to do large dungeons and raids that require 10 or even 25 people in a co-ordinated effort. I didn't have anyone in mind, just looking for what the reasoning process in case someone should ask about joining KJ -- after all we are awesome.

Mix.
Back to top Go down
Aph

Aph

PostSubject: Re: Criteria For New Members to the guild?   Criteria For New Members to the guild? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 12:01 pm

Yes I have wondered the same thing. Kudos for the question.. I think plurk is the requirement at least, or so I've heard. That, and ofcourse they have to be extremely ridiculously goodlooking... evil grin
Back to top Go down
Babs

Babs

PostSubject: Criteria   Criteria For New Members to the guild? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 12:10 pm

I think we should definitely keep it to people who plurk and maybe SL too, although I think at this point it goes hand in hand, at least for me. I mean, I have 4 toons, on 2 servers and they are all in the respective guilds. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Mixelplix

Mixelplix

PostSubject: Re: Criteria For New Members to the guild?   Criteria For New Members to the guild? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 12:15 pm

Babs wrote:
I think we should definitely keep it to people who plurk and maybe SL too, although I think at this point it goes hand in hand, at least for me. I mean, I have 4 toons, on 2 servers and they are all in the respective guilds. What a Face

That will make it very difficult to accomplish high end achievements later on.
Back to top Go down
Aph

Aph

PostSubject: Re: Criteria For New Members to the guild?   Criteria For New Members to the guild? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 12:16 pm

Mixelplix wrote:
Babs wrote:

as above ^
Back to top Go down
Babs

Babs

PostSubject: Re: Criteria For New Members to the guild?   Criteria For New Members to the guild? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 12:50 pm

Aph wrote:
Mixelplix wrote:
Babs wrote:

as above ^

Ok, so I didn't QUITE think about that part.. you're correct in we should be looking to add people who can help us achieve greatness Cool
Back to top Go down
Isle
Admin
Isle

PostSubject: Re: Criteria For New Members to the guild?   Criteria For New Members to the guild? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 1:22 pm

My opinion is that us Plurkers and SL'ers are forming the core of what can be a really relaxed and cool guild that eventually has a lot of relaxed and cool people.

I agree that there is a limit to how many of us there can eventually be, strictly through Plurk, and I think that we can trust each other's judgement in being able to invite some cool and fun people to join us. The way I look at it is that any decent and cool friend of one of my friends is someone I would like to get to know (and torture) anyway. evil grin

That being said, the only thing to be careful of is when we do get to that point, that we know who we are inviting, and that they stay moderately probationary for a time until we know they guild bank is secure with them. (I am speaking of when one is tempted to invite a nice new person that you just met in WoW who deosn't have many friends or a guild)

I have heard about some guilds who let anyone join and give full perms right away, and lose the entire bank right away, the toon disappears, poof.

I don't know how it is to maintain the guild roster and perms, but maybe even if the first level can only get out so many things at the start, and each level moves up.. type thing. Plus, like I did for Babs, we could always take out some cash and a few bags or mana/bread whatever for n00b friends until they got access on their own.

Back to top Go down
https://karmicj.forumotion.com
Aph

Aph

PostSubject: Re: Criteria For New Members to the guild?   Criteria For New Members to the guild? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 1:28 pm

I agree with the above. Maybe if someone isn't from plurk or sl keep them without guild perms for a while. A good consideration could also be real life friends or family etc.. It might be an idea to keep ingame friends unable to get bank access unless through someone out of the guild who does have permission to do so (like you said). After a while we/you can have a monthly check on who to promote or not to promote maybe... I think of it more as a time thing than a level thing maybe... After a while in the guild you can figure out how people are.
Back to top Go down
Babs

Babs

PostSubject: Re: Criteria For New Members to the guild?   Criteria For New Members to the guild? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 1:37 pm

Aph wrote:
I agree with the above. Maybe if someone isn't from plurk or sl keep them without guild perms for a while. A good consideration could also be real life friends or family etc.. It might be an idea to keep ingame friends unable to get bank access unless through someone out of the guild who does have permission to do so (like you said). After a while we/you can have a monthly check on who to promote or not to promote maybe... I think of it more as a time thing than a level thing maybe... After a while in the guild you can figure out how people are.

I agree with the bold section whole heartedly... you have to be sure that someone who comes in to the guild is not going to snatch up everything and poof, and even though you can never know someones true nature online, you can get a good idea by running quests and instances with them. Good thinking and not unfair at all. Maybe we should look at the time limit and access allowed to new members, at what level do we allow what kind of access. I for one, am always so worried about taking from a shared bank, and I do it very rarely in any group. I get yelled at for not using it sometimes lol!
Back to top Go down
vexy

PostSubject: Re: Criteria For New Members to the guild?   Criteria For New Members to the guild? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:07 pm

The most common practice is a probationary period for new recruits where they are only allowed for example 3 things from the g bank per day and no access to gold. Then another level with more access to goods and some access to say 10g a day and so on. The full access is usually restricted to a core group of "officers." The officers can pull things from the g bank for those who don't have the access, but make a reasonable request for goods or gold.

Some guilds make a big deal about promotions, but some don't. Some guilds base promotions on achievements, social status or for raiding/arena/pvp experience and skill. It's probably worth discussing at some point what each of us wants to gain from the guild and what the guilds goals are (if there are any.)
Back to top Go down
mandatorychaos

mandatorychaos

PostSubject: Re: Criteria For New Members to the guild?   Criteria For New Members to the guild? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 7:41 pm

To be honest, we don't need a big guild to do that stuff, especially since a lot of us are really close with people in other guilds like Casually Serious. Even they have trouble filling all the spots for 25 man raids sometimes and they have a couple hundred members I believe (could be wrong). So if we decide we want to organize a raid like that, we can always propose a joint raid with CS or any other guild we know well. I really like the fact that our guild is made up of people that we know from SL and Plurk, it gives us that sense of being there to have fun, and not being there to see how many raids we can do.

I've been in a couple of guilds that had major drama because a lot of the members were upset about the guild not running enough raids. That caused the guilds to split and resulted in a lot of people leaving. We just have to decide what kind of guild we want to be and choose our members based on that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Criteria For New Members to the guild?   Criteria For New Members to the guild? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Criteria For New Members to the guild?
Page 1 of 1