Karmic Justice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for guild members to hang out, start discussions, ask questions and schedule meetings. Need a certain item, or want to plan a raid? Talk here!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Delancey- Omoryo

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Glimmer

Delancey- Omoryo Empty
PostDelancey- Omoryo

I’m afraid I haven’t written in this journal since I moved to Stormwind, but I have so much to catch up on! Yesterday was the last day of the Fire Festival- I can’t believe it’s already over. There were fireworks being shot off from the top of the castle, so I went out by the gates where I could get a better view. There was a group already gathered there, and I stood with them and watched the showers of colored sparks in the sky. People were drinking mugs of ale, and one woman was handing out sweet cakes. It was a perfect end to the evening.

Delancey- Omoryo 47621310

I’ve tried to keep very busy since I got here, and not spend too much time dawdling around. I did speak with Ms. Lumere yesterday, and she told me that she could use some help gathering different herbs for her potions. She sent me to talk with Tannysa, who was able to show me what exactly to be looking for. It’s rather fun. The weather is perfect right now, and I’m able to find quite a few of the plants I’m looking for along the sides of the road between Stormwind and Goldshire. I do have to be extremely careful, because there are quite a lot of those defias thugs around. It’s been getting especially worse, lately.

I had such an amazing adventure today, though! I had just left the Stormwind gates and hadn’t even gotten to the bend in the road, yet. I saw a lot of defias out in the forest where I needed to gather my herbs, so I was being especially careful to be quiet, and sneak over to pick my herbs. But I was so busy keeping an eye on the defias, that I didn’t look closely enough at where I was going and failed to notice a wolf behind the tree where the peaceblossom plant was. Well, that wolf jumped out at me, snarling and snapping, and startled me badly! I do have a dagger I carry with me, that Father gave me for protection, but it didn’t seem nearly as sharp as that wolf’s teeth. I grabbed my dagger and started to back away, when a night-elf appeared right behind the wolf, and killed it! He came out of nowhere, it seemed. I was so surprised, I just stood there for a second, in shock. He asked me if I was alright, and I thanked him. We moved out onto the road then- there were a couple of guards nearby so it was safer than standing in the trees. He had this incredible cat with him- a big cat! Like.. a tiger, of some sort. His teeth were longer than my forearm, but he seemed friendly. The night-elf introduced himself, and said his name was Omoryo, captain of the battlegrounds. His cat’s name was Dom. We stood on the road and talked for quite awhile. He was telling me that he was from a northern part of Kalimdor, but I can’t recall the name. I told him about how Avery is stationed over there, and that I just recently moved from Northshire. Omoryo was showing me some of his other pets, that travel with him. He has all sorts! There was a bird with bright blue and red feathers, a little mechanical squirrel, and even a tiny dragon.

Omoryo asked me if I had any pets, and I told him about Keen.. but explained that I really didn’t think it would have been a good idea to bring Keen to Stormwind with me, since he’s not really a city cat. Omoryo told me that he knew of a lady that lived nearby- close to Northshire actually- that has a lot of stray cats that she sells. He offered to bring me there, to look at them. I was excited, because as I mentioned in my last entry, I’ve been thinking about adopting a city cat, anyway. Omoryo took me to the woman’s house – she had cats everywhere! They were all so cute. And here is the best part- Omoryo insisted on buying a cat for me. He said I needed companionship, now that I was on my own and away from family. I was so touched by that. I ended up picking out a gorgeous tabby with silver fur and little black stripes. He looks like a miniature silver tiger. I ended up naming him Tobias.

Delancey- Omoryo 47653210

We thanked the lady and went back outside to talk. I was watching Tobias rubbing his silver little face over the sides of my boots, when Omoryo suddenly said, ‘Hide!’. I didn’t even take the time to look around or ask why- I scooped up Tobias and crouched down behind the tree I was standing next to. Omoryo had disappeared just as quickly. I held my breath and looked around, listening.. but I didn’t see or hear anything. A few seconds later, Omoryo emerged again. “Did you see the Horde?” He asked, quietly. I had completely missed it! He said he saw him on the road, heading north, but he didn’t see us. I was pretty nervous by then, so Omoryo took me back to the road near Stormwind.

I thanked him again, both for saving me (twice!) and for my new kitty, Tobias. He told me to take care, and then headed off to wherever he had been going in the first place. I decided this would be a great time to bring Tobias home and get him set up with some towels for a bed, and some cream. He’s curled up against my legs right now, purring in his sleep as I’m writing this. He’s precious.

Today was a great day.

Last edited by Isle on Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pic links fix)
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Delancey- Omoryo :: Comments

Isle
Re: Delancey- Omoryo
Post Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:27 pm  Isle
That was great! My heart actually sped up when he told you to Hide! I think I would be enjoying these just as much if I didn't have such an understanding of the world from spending so much time in it. To read it like this is just a pleasure.

Delancey- Omoryo

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Karmic Justice :: Character Journals-
Jump to: