Karmic Justice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for guild members to hang out, start discussions, ask questions and schedule meetings. Need a certain item, or want to plan a raid? Talk here!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

About Macros. (Including DK target/attack macro)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Isle
Admin
Isle

About Macros.  (Including DK target/attack macro) Empty
PostSubject: About Macros. (Including DK target/attack macro)   About Macros.  (Including DK target/attack macro) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 3:20 pm

Making macros to help automate some repetitive actions in WoW is something I have wanted to explore for a while. There are some good sites that help you understand the commands, and also give cut-and-paste basic macros for all classes.

If you want to press one button, and have your hunter select, hunter mark and attack, this is for you.

Some sites for info:
WoW Wiki on macros

macros for all classes, cut and paste

And also adding some that guildies may use and want to share... feel free to post. Make the topic here, label it about the class and macro details (short formed) So ppl can find what they may need. Thanks in advance for sharing, macros ROCK.
_______________________________________~

To start, in game, type /macro, this will open the macro console.
Click New, and just for now, pick ? icon for display, since it will be a pain if you don't.
Next, start to type commands in the box below.

If you wish to specify a certain icon from a cast, type #show "castname" as the first line of your macro. For example, mine was #show Death Grip and it gave me the Death Grip icon to drag to my action bar after, so I knew what to click on for the macro.

Now, if you want your macro to to the targeting for you, so you just have to get within range of a mob, and hit it, next line would be /targetenemy so the macro will auto target and hilite the nearest enemy, in prepration of launching the attack on them. (without macro, this is done by hitting "tab".

So far, the macro would look like:

#show Death Grip
/targetenemy

Ok. Now what to do with the enemy that is selected. This is where you tell it what to do, and for this instance, it is /cast.
*Now*. I did some experimenting, and listened to some advice, (thanks guys) and found out that /casts pretty much happen instantly, so if you have a cast listed that takes a second or 2 to happen, it kills the rest behind it. (If you only have one cast to list, great! or 2, that are both instant.. yay!)

But if not, a way around that, that I find works nicely, is to use /castsequence which will allow you to control which casts are done, in a row. Now what happens is, your targetenemy works, your first /cast works, then after the first cast is done, you hit your icon again, Bing, next in sequence launches. Hit icon again, Bing, 3rd launches. Hit icon again, Bing, 4th launches. It isn't a one button press solution, but it is great none the less.

Here is the macro I just made.

#show Death Grip
/targetenemy
/castsequence Death Grip, Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Death Strike, Blood Strike, Death Coil

So. It shows the Death grip icon in the macro section, to ID the macro.
I have that icon dragged to my #1. To launch it, I simply press the number 1.

Then, it targets, and launches Death Grip. Then I press 1 again, it launches Icy Touch. Press 1 again, Plague strike. Press 1 again, Death Strike. See how this works?

Walk near a target, press 1. 1. 1. 1. Not so bad, eh?

(To qualify as well, my Death Knight is Unholy spec, with a touch of frost, solo leveling, and this macro has the similar level mob dead before it is done) -if mob isnt dead, you can jump in anytime and launch another cast. No worries there. This automates a bit, but you are still in control.

Back to top Go down
https://karmicj.forumotion.com

About Macros. (Including DK target/attack macro)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Karmic Justice :: Game Help-
Jump to: