Karmic Justice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for guild members to hang out, start discussions, ask questions and schedule meetings. Need a certain item, or want to plan a raid? Talk here!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Account Compromised

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mixelplix

Mixelplix

Account Compromised Empty
PostSubject: Account Compromised   Account Compromised I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 2:03 pm

Hey all,

Today my account was compromised (no, i did not have my authenticator active because i had it installed on my iphone which is not working) so I was vulnerable
Blizzard has been made aware and my account is currently locked. They managed to strip my toons naked though.
I imagine my items will be restored, but the restoration process can take 10-12 days.

i'll probably be taking a break from wow for a bit..

cheers.
Back to top Go down
Isle
Admin
Isle

PostSubject: Re: Account Compromised   Account Compromised I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 3:43 pm

I was so shocked when I found out this am, Marcis. I am sorry you lost your stuff, and hope they get it back really quickly. Sad
If I can help out in anyway in the meantime, please let me know.

Cozy
Back to top Go down
https://karmicj.forumotion.com
Mixelplix

Mixelplix

PostSubject: Re: Account Compromised   Account Compromised I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 3:51 pm

Isle wrote:
I was so shocked when I found out this am, Marcis. I am sorry you lost your stuff, and hope they get it back really quickly. Sad
If I can help out in anyway in the meantime, please let me know.

Cozy

Sad thing is i really didn't have anything worth hacking over.... all my gear was dungeon blues, nothing great, and maybe 300gold spread across 4 toons.
Back to top Go down
Isle
Admin
Isle

PostSubject: Re: Account Compromised   Account Compromised I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 3:52 pm

Can you think of anywhere you went or anything that might have triggered the hack? That is the scary part, I know you are safety conscious and aware of these things... and you got hit.
Back to top Go down
https://karmicj.forumotion.com
Mixelplix

Mixelplix

PostSubject: Re: Account Compromised   Account Compromised I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 5:14 pm

Mixelplix wrote:
Hey all,

Today my account was compromised (no, i did not have my authenticator active because i had it installed on my iphone which is not working) so I was vulnerable
Blizzard has been made aware and my account is currently locked. They managed to strip my toons naked though.
I imagine my items will be restored, but the restoration process can take 10-12 days.

i'll probably be taking a break from wow for a bit..

cheers.

So I'm still not sure how I got compromised.

I've run virus and malware scans using several diferent programs, and none detected any threats on my computer. I am very careful about my surfing habits and tend not to visit any suspicious wow sites with the exception of thottbot and wowhead and the official wow pages. I normally delete phishing email without even opening this. Where does this leave me? This leaves me wondering about add-ons, which i did believe was the cause of a previous hack a year ago. I know the curse site is supposed to be secure, and that the add ons are as well, but right now I'm going to stay add on free because I don't see any other way I could have been hacked.
Back to top Go down
Mixelplix

Mixelplix

PostSubject: Re: Account Compromised   Account Compromised I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 10:44 pm

My account was full restored today. As was the guild bank.

I'll never disable authenticator again. Without it, it's not a matter of if, but when.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Account Compromised   Account Compromised I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Account Compromised
Page 1 of 1