Karmic Justice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for guild members to hang out, start discussions, ask questions and schedule meetings. Need a certain item, or want to plan a raid? Talk here!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

URGENT!!

Go down 
+3
Babs
Isle
Shelly
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Shelly

URGENT!!  Empty
PostSubject: URGENT!!    URGENT!!  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:27 am

This morning Karmic Justice Guild was compromised.

Marcis' account was logged in on three toons that I saw, Mixelpix, Xenthor and Emrail. Our GB was pretty much cleaned out. While it was happening, I put a ticket in with Blizzard and the account was locked down.

I haven't yet spoken with Marcis to confirm that he has an authenticator but it's my understanding that he does.

DO NOT reinvite him to the guild unless you've spoken with me. I have messages in to him.
Back to top Go down
Shelly

URGENT!!  Empty
PostSubject: Update   URGENT!!  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:34 am

I've spoken to Marcis and his authenticator was disable (said he was having trouble with it) so at least we know that the authenticator was not bypassed.

Ok guys we need a new system.
Input?

Something like people with the authenticator can have all access.

People without can only withdraw 5 items per day?

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Isle
Admin
Isle

URGENT!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: URGENT!!    URGENT!!  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:40 am

I think there should be levels. Initiates have access to 3, maybe.. and regular members 5? (Without authenticators.) How do we know if ppl have authenticators? Puppycheck? (LOL) geez. It is just a shame we have to even think about this.

Anyone needing more than they can draw can certainly ask an officer to get them what they need. I know I would be happy to oblige.
Back to top Go down
https://karmicj.forumotion.com
Babs

Babs

URGENT!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: URGENT!!    URGENT!!  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:48 am

at this point, I do not have the Authenticator and don't know if and when I will have it. I think adding more levels to the guild, so there are people who have varying degrees of accessibility is a good idea, leave unlimited to the GM and maybe 1 or 2 trusted officers. It really stinks that there are people out there who will do this kind of thing IN A FREAKING GAME!
Back to top Go down
Sidney Smalls

URGENT!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: URGENT!!    URGENT!!  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 1:08 pm

Hi guys. Yes, I would recommend keeping unlimited access to gm/officers and keeping the number of them small and with authenticators.

Also, I'd point out that you can set security based on the tab. So you could have a tab for cheap stuff with a high withdrawal limit, another tab with a lower withdrawal limit, and even a tab that only officers could withdraw anything from at all.
Back to top Go down
Shelly

URGENT!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: URGENT!!    URGENT!!  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 1:11 pm

Oh thanks Sidney..that's a good point.
Back to top Go down
Sidney Smalls

URGENT!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: URGENT!!    URGENT!!  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 1:12 pm

And people without unlimited access shouldn't take it as an insult. It's just math. Twice as many people with access doubles the chance of something like this happening. Keep it to a handful at most.
Back to top Go down
StormyWilde

StormyWilde

URGENT!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: URGENT!!    URGENT!!  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 1:16 pm

This blows. But it sounds like a lot of us have the authenticator already which is good. For those that dont have it yet, they do make a mobile one that I got for my phone for FREE. Very easy to set up to.

As for proving if someone has one, why not ask for a pic of them holding the authenticator up next to the screen where you pick which toon you want to play?
Back to top Go down
Sidney Smalls

URGENT!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: URGENT!!    URGENT!!  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 3:44 pm

Guild invites are also something you may want to lock down to officers, by the way. A lot of people join guilds just to loot the bank. At the very minimum, new members shouldn't be able to invite.
Back to top Go down
Mixelplix

Mixelplix

URGENT!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: URGENT!!    URGENT!!  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 4:18 pm

Sidney Smalls wrote:
Guild invites are also something you may want to lock down to officers, by the way. A lot of people join guilds just to loot the bank. At the very minimum, new members shouldn't be able to invite.

I'm sorry this happened. The guild bank will be restored once they complete the investigation. Sadly, this typically takes 10-12 days and I won't get my stuff back until then, either.
Back to top Go down
mandatorychaos

mandatorychaos

URGENT!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: URGENT!!    URGENT!!  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 4:44 pm

Sidney Smalls wrote:

We only add people we know from plurk.
Back to top Go down
Shelly

URGENT!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: URGENT!!    URGENT!!  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 4:51 pm

Yeah I don't think Guild invites are gonna be a problem for us at all.

I'm gonna go with a limit of 10 items per day for anyone that doesn't have an authenticator..that work for everyone?

It's everyone's decision so please speak up!
Back to top Go down
mandatorychaos

mandatorychaos

URGENT!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: URGENT!!    URGENT!!  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 4:54 pm

I would almost say 5 for the lower stuff, and 1 for the really good stuff. That's the way my last guild was. And if they need to get more, they can ask someone higher.
Back to top Go down
Isle
Admin
Isle

URGENT!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: URGENT!!    URGENT!!  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 5:38 pm

mandatorychaos wrote:
I would almost say 5 for the lower stuff, and 1 for the really good stuff. That's the way my last guild was. And if they need to get more, they can ask someone higher.

I agree. 5 grabs a day is pretty decent and probably more than I have ever done anyway. Unless you count that day with the bags... unsure And the 1 on the high goods stuff tab is also good.

I will always be willing to get stuff for someone who needs it if they have exceeded their daily.
Back to top Go down
Isle
Admin
Isle

URGENT!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: URGENT!!    URGENT!!  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 5:46 pm

Sidney Smalls wrote:

I also agree with this. In the future when we grow a bit more, it might be hard to moderate who is invited and when... and I know it is hard for a softie to turn down a new in-world friend if they are lonely and guild-less.

It would simply be a matter of whispering to one of the officers requesting they be added, that way the referring person could recommend them based on how they know them etc.

I don't want us to start feeling too rule-ish, I know we all just want to be laid back and easy...but today showed that we do need some simple guidelines. Once they are set, they will be smooth enough, and there won't be any worries.

I hope everyone understands, even though this can feel sort of crappy.

Any changes made are without prejudice, and reflect on no one except the hacking bastards that make them necessary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

URGENT!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: URGENT!!    URGENT!!  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

URGENT!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Karmic Justice :: Updates, Tech Stuff and Urgent News-
Jump to: