A place for guild members to hang out, start discussions, ask questions and schedule meetings. Need a certain item, or want to plan a raid? Talk here!

HomeGalleryFAQRegisterLog in

SO Happy :)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Glimmer

SO Happy :) Empty
PostSubject: SO Happy :)   SO Happy :) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 4:51 pm

Ok, a bit of backstory first.

Back around 1997-1998 I was living in New Jersey, and had a friend named Cesar. He was my BEST friend- he and a group of other friends would come over every weekend and we'd all hang out, play D&D/Vampire/etc. We also talked constantly in IM's, on the phone during my lunch break at work, or when I was cooking dinner, etc. We were super close.

In late 1999, I was leaving my relationship with my boyfriend, and planning to move back to Las Vegas where I had family. I remember that very last night I was hanging out with Cesar and all of my other friends.. at one point, Cesar and I left to walk over to 7-11 to get more drinks and snacks. I knew that was going to be the very last night I'd see him- probably in my life. I can remember standing in the 7-11, watching him filling up a cup of soda from the fountain, and trying as hard as I could not to cry, cause I knew I'd miss him SO much. I hugged him like 5 times when he was leaving, later that night.

I don't remember how it came to pass that we fell out of touch after I moved back to Vegas. But you know how that sort of thing can happen. I lost contact with him in early 2000, although I've been searching for him since then. At least a few times a years, trying to hunt him down on google, myspace, and later Facebook. Never had any luck. I did find a mutual friend of ours back around 2005 on Myspace. I asked her about him, but she said he didn't get on the computer much and didn't even think he had an email address anymore.

Fast forward to the present. I found that same friend on Facebook again, and mentioned that I'd still love to get back in touch with Cesar. Again, she said he didn't really use email, but gave him his phone number. I felt funny about calling though, because I hadn't talked to him in SO long. I mentioned that to her in a message, and a day or two later she responded back and said, "I'm going to make an email address for Cesar and make SURE he checks it. Most of the time he's on the computer, he spends in World Of Warcraft."

woot flail

Well, I'm sure you can all imagine how excited I was when I heard that! I got her to get his name and server for me, and last night I rolled a character on his server, and got to hear his voice again for the first time in like 10 years! It was so much fun! We ran around in Northshire Abbey on level 1 characters and talked in voice chat while he killed stuff. (And I wandered around after him.) He taught me a hell of a lot of stuff that I didn't know about in that hour. (Tabbing between mobs! Inspect/wear other people's gear. Put little icons over group members heads, etc). He has 4 level 80 characters, his own guild, etc. Apparently he's WAY into it. SmileSmile He showed me how to friend each other on the real ID thing so now we can talk to each other anytime we're logged in, no matter what server we're on, and I downloaded that Ventrilo thing so we can voice chat. FINALLY!

SO friggen glad I joined WoW!!
Back to top Go down
Aph

Aph

PostSubject: Re: SO Happy :)   SO Happy :) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 12:06 pm

Awesome story! Enjoyed it and happy it worked out the way it did !!! <3
Back to top Go down
Isle
Admin
Isle

PostSubject: Re: SO Happy :)   SO Happy :) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 9:26 am

Yay!!! Smile Cozy

I am glad you joined too, you have done so well, and found such a great group. happier

http://karmicj.forumotion.com
Criana

PostSubject: Re: SO Happy :)   SO Happy :) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 9:39 am

That's a really touching story <3 and a very happy ending. flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SO Happy :)   SO Happy :) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SO Happy :)
Page 1 of 1