Karmic Justice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for guild members to hang out, start discussions, ask questions and schedule meetings. Need a certain item, or want to plan a raid? Talk here!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hi, I'm Dazz and I'm a Toonaholic

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dazz

Hi, I'm Dazz and I'm a Toonaholic Empty
PostSubject: Hi, I'm Dazz and I'm a Toonaholic   Hi, I'm Dazz and I'm a Toonaholic I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 11:22 am

Emerald Dream:

Larthur (main): Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering
Lotharius: Human Paladin - Skinning/Leather
Basticulus: Night Elf Warrior - Blacksmith/Taillor
Picht: Gnome Rogue - Herbs/Alchemy
Fueroel(Horde): Troll Mage - Mining/??
Binque: Gnome Warlock - Herbs/Alchemy
Tlaar: Draemei Hunter - Mining/Jewelcrafting
Ghusk: Dwarf Death Knight - ??/??

Kilrogg:

Tinque(main): Gnome Warlock - Mining/Engineering
Pholly: Gnome Mage - ??/??
Ghusk: Dwarf Death Knight - ??/??
elephant
Back to top Go down
Isle
Admin
Isle

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Dazz and I'm a Toonaholic   Hi, I'm Dazz and I'm a Toonaholic I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 12:19 pm

I NEED to know how you pick your names. really. Mine are like.. ok, change a letter here.. done. Yours are all totally unique and ... unique.
Back to top Go down
https://karmicj.forumotion.com
Dazz

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Dazz and I'm a Toonaholic   Hi, I'm Dazz and I'm a Toonaholic I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 4:03 am

Hmmm, well, lets see. Most of them have some kinda story behind them.

Larthur started off as the name of a pet on facebook. When I created him I was gonna call him Arthur, but he looked way too goofy to have a regular name, so Larthur popped into my head. Later, we went to play Earth Eternal which is a lot like wow. I picked Larthur Bindraggin as the character name there, kinda as a spoof on Arthur Pendragon of King Arthur fame. When I went to WoW, Larthur stuck.

I made Lotharius just a couple of days after I made Larthur. I made him as an experiment to see if he would start in a different area. I had no idea at the time that races all start in the same spot, its not like the luck of the draw or anything. I was trying to find a way to make a toon that could play where Shelly was playing. Anyway, I was gonna name him Lothar. It seemed like a good ancient kinda feudal name, sounded kinda close to Larthur, and it is the name of a band, Lothar and the Hand People. They feature a theremin in their music. Lothar was taken so I was like, ok, make it more like an ancient greek thing so it became Lotharius.

Basticulus came about once I learned that I needed an elf to play up where Shelly was. When I made him, I was mad about being ganked by some horde bastard so it became Basticulus.. bastard, but with a kinda greek ending and he's a warrior and it sounds kinda like a gladiator or something.

To me, gnomes are little squeeky things should have a kinda short little name. I went to school with a kid named Lapictitus... greek ending again, but everybody called him Pic. So I was thinking about that and I didn't care for pic, but a song from Pink Floyd was kinda rolling around in my head at that time: "Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict". That was it. I threw an extra 'h' in there just for fun. Picht... has more of a Germanic kinda sound to it and it works because he's a rogue and a pickpocket. Consider your pocket Picht Razz

Fueroel, I kinda did that one in a rush. I was trying to imagine a horde name, something that went with the crappy desolate surroundings that I had seen at the time and Fumarole, a gassy, volcano fissure type thing came to mind. I did't wanna name a toon after a geological feature, but Fueroel just kinda came out from that.

Binque... Binque is a gnome. Binque rhymes with Tink, from Tinkmaster Overspark, a gnomish engineering trainer. Bink was taken, so I spelled it with a french ending.

Tlaar: I read somewhere that the Draenei were supposed to be from nordic legend. I dunno how true that is, but if so the name had to have the 'aa' in it. I started off with Blaarg and fiddled with it in the name box till I found something I liked.

Ghusk. Knowing I was gonna make a dwarf, and knowing how they sound on WoW, I wanted a name that was kinda short and gutteral. I used to play a game years ago where the participants would say "Ghust!" if you missed the ball. That came to mind and had the right kind of sound, but it sounded too much like a gust of wind, so I put the K on the end.

Tinque... That's just Tink with the french ending.

Pholly... Lol, I made that one recently when ED was down and Kilrogg was up. Somebody was talking about doing a lvl 1 raid on Hogger. I wanted to play along, so I made a gnome girl. She looked like a 'Polly" with her little pink buns and stuff. Then it occured to me that if I put an H there it would become folly, which was exactly what I was making her for. Shelly started the Ph thing though with one of her toons named Phuzzie. Phuzzie is a gnome and it works. If I remember correctly though, Phuzzie was the name of one of our Sion chicks back when those were popular.

Some of Shelly's are derivatives of that too. Her Warlock gnome on Kilrogg is named "Pinque" because she has that pink bun hairdo and the french ending works with Tinque.

Then she picked "Phinque" for her DK. Brilliant. DK's are rat finks to start off with!

So there u have it. They all come from different corners of my warped and twisted brain.

Oh, and you wanna know where 'Dazz' came from? Will Smith.

In one of his movies, I think one of the Men In Black ones, he looks on something with disgust and says "aww Dazz Nasty!" Something about the way he said it and his expression made me laugh so hard I cried and it sorta stuck with me. I used that name, Dazz Nasty, on different forums, chat rooms and the like for years. When I went to SL, I picked Dazz cuz that was already my eName. I picked Anvil because the two just sounded silly together and the other alternatives LL presented sounded kinda dumb.
Back to top Go down
Isle
Admin
Isle

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Dazz and I'm a Toonaholic   Hi, I'm Dazz and I'm a Toonaholic I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 10:10 am

cheers

Total Win.

I think that has to go down in history as likely the best answer I have ever gotten to almost any question I ever asked.

Now I also think I will have an indelible mental pic of you being Will Smith with a crazy face.
Back to top Go down
Dazz

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Dazz and I'm a Toonaholic   Hi, I'm Dazz and I'm a Toonaholic I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 12:45 pm

So then, to come up with one for you. You're Isle. That reminds me of Island people. Yeah mon. Which reminds me of a line from a comic book that me and my friends were trying to figure out many years ago: "My mon Batman, he don't shiv!" You have that whole shiv thing going on with your toons. So we put mon+shiv together. Monshiv. meh. If we take off the v we get Monshi. Getting closer. How about we throw an e in there to make it interesting.. Moenshi. Might be a good name for an elf or something. Smile
Back to top Go down
Isle
Admin
Isle

PostSubject: Names and reasons...   Hi, I'm Dazz and I'm a Toonaholic I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 2:52 pm

Sweet! Love it. Not that I will ever create another toon. Not me! geek

Isle has been my name just about forever online. It started out as Islander, being on PEI (Prince Edward Island) and all, and over time, my lazy-assed friends just shortened it to "Isle". Isle Lunasea, my SL name.. I just love that people tend to think that Lunasea means something about the moon.. and water. Nope. Say it out loud, stress the first syllable. yeah. Lunacy.

My first wow character, my warrior, was originally called Islelunasea, but when I changed race from Human to Draenei, I shortened her name to Islae. Which also means I slay. Smile

The whole Shiv thing started when I was researching hindu gods. Shiva is the destroyer. Also slang for knife. yeah. Worked for me. Good for a Death Knight.

Oner of my other toons that I just started, Durgaa, a druid.. Durga is "the invincible", a fierce but benevolent goddess. Durga is also the mother of Ganesha. She is thus considered the fiercer, demon-fighting form of Shiva's wife, goddess Parvati.

I have a large Ganesha tattoo, symbolizing for me the god of wisdom and knowledge... and to remember not to judge by apearances.

So.. my Shivs, Durgaas etc are sort of connected, and part of the family of Isle.

Back to top Go down
mandatorychaos

mandatorychaos

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Dazz and I'm a Toonaholic   Hi, I'm Dazz and I'm a Toonaholic I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 4:25 pm

This is why we all need to get on RealID with each other lol
Back to top Go down
Isle
Admin
Isle

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Dazz and I'm a Toonaholic   Hi, I'm Dazz and I'm a Toonaholic I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 5:06 pm

Actually, for those that are comfortable with it, that is a good point. If we can chat cross-realm, cross-faction, it would be handy in sorting out a lot of stuff.

Anyone who wants my email for RealID, hit me up in WoW or Plurk. I might post it in plurk after I add Dain and stalk him. I forgot to do that last night Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Dazz and I'm a Toonaholic   Hi, I'm Dazz and I'm a Toonaholic I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi, I'm Dazz and I'm a Toonaholic
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Karmic Justice :: Introduction Center-
Jump to: